When I decided to move out of San Diego, I narrowed my city search down to two places: Phoenix and Las Vegas. I wanted to live in a big city with lots of things to do, somewhere that was in a desert climate and close to home. I decided to relocate to Phoenix because itâ€™s close enough to Vegas that I can take a trip out there whenever I want relatively easily, itâ€™s closer to family and Phoenix is a larger city with more options for things to do.
That all being said, I havenâ€™t been to Vegas is a really long time, and Iâ€™m itching to go back. I decided to compile a list of my favorite things to do in Sin City, so here we go.
1. Gambling. I donâ€™t want to parade around the fact that I like to gamble. I love Blackjack and Craps, and I was really enjoying playing poker at the Wynn now and then when I lived with Stephie all those years ago. I love Casinos and the casino games, especially Monopoly slots.
2. The Pools. Not that I canâ€™t swim at the pool at my apartment complex, but thereâ€™s something to be said for the pools of Vegas. Maybe itâ€™s the food and drink service, or the music. I loved hanging out by the adult pool at the Wynn where there were no kids and a chance to play some Blackjack outside. Delightful.
3. The Architecture. One of my favorite restaurants in Vegas was actually in Henderson â€“ an awesome Italian place (what was the name of it? Something with a Vâ€¦) that had a fantastic view of the Strip. I loved driving down to Las Vegas Blvd. just watching those awesome buildings grow as I got closer, and then walking among them on the street was awe inspiring.
4. The food. Any food, anytime you wanted it. And the breakfast at Ellis Island was amazing â€“ and cheap.
5. The people. Itâ€™s so fun to run around Vegas meeting crazy old ladies at the Blackjack tables who get mad when you mess up your hand, or the fun personalities at the poker tables. There was always someone around who was good for a laugh, whether because they were genuinely funny or the laugh was at their expense later.
So there you have it, five of my favorite reasons I want to take a trip out to Las Vegas as soon as possible. I just got paid today, and my bank account is starting to itch!